We have been up north enjoying the cooler weather and fishing at the cabins. We stay at Lake of the Woods in Lakeside AZ. Once I resigned to the fact that no serious fishing could be accomplished with a two year old on the trip and focused on relaxing (known as napping and drinking beer) and helping the boys fish. I was enjoying myself and already planning the next trip in my head alone with my wife. I did manage to catch four catfish on Friday with only six casts. It's amazing how many worms an impatient seven year old can go through (I was baiting his hook at the time).
As I write this I'm waiting for the storm that has been predicted all week to finally roll through the area (there is no wifi here so I'm waiting until I get home to post this). It has cooled things off even more which feels amazing. We have all the windows open and the cool breeze is wafting through the cabin. I'm hoping for an amazing lightning storm. When we went to Safeway a few minutes ago a couple miles away the wind was gusting strong and the lighting was flashing in the distance. Now that we're back, it appears that we have outrun the storm or it's changed direction. I'll let you know.
One more week of vacation to go, most of which will be catching up on things around the house and some more relaxing. Hope to have more regular updates going forward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The storm never hit our area other than some rain...
Post a Comment